188BET Offer – Ryder Cup 2016

September 29, 2016 / Golf / 15 Comments

Kick-off time (GMT): 30/09/2016 : 13:35

Potential profit
£45.90
My profit £-1.60

The Ryder Cup 2016 gets underway at Hazeltine on Friday and you don’t want to miss this 188BET offer! If Jordan Spieth or Rory McIlroy finish as top or joint-top points scorers, 188BET will refund losing pre-tournament Outright bets as a free bet, up to a maximum of £50.00. Translated into matched betting terms, this gives us a potential profit of £45.90 and here’s how…

188bet-offer-ryder-cup-2016

Qualifying Bet:

If you’re unfamiliar with qualifying bets, please see my Qualifying Bet Strategy page for a walk-through guide on how they should be done.

Qualifying bets must be placed between 00:01 on Monday 26th September and 13:30 on Friday 30th September 2016, to be eligible.

Only bets placed on the USA or Europe in the Outright Winner market will be eligible.

It’s entirely up to you who you place your qualifying bet on. Having looked at the odds available, I’ve opted to keep my qualifying loss to a minimum by placing my qualifying bet on the USA.

I like to place my exchange lay bets with Smarkets as they have great liquidity, the site is really easy to use and they only charge 2% commission in comparison to the 5% charged by other betting exchanges.

We can calculate our lay stake using my matched betting calculator…


Back Bet (Bookie)

%

Lay Bet (Betting Exchange)

%
Lay stake required: £
Bookie
Exchange
Total
If back (bookie) bet wins
= £
If lay (exchange) bet wins
= £
Bookie
Exchange
Cashback
Total
If back
bet wins
= £
If lay
bet wins
= £

Total profit:
+ Free bet

As you can see, the calculator tells us that our lay stake should be £49.38…

188bet

Place £50.00 on USA @ 1.60 = Potential profit of £30.00

smarkets whiteLay £49.38 on USA @ 1.64 = Potential liability of £31.60

Let’s have a look at our potential profit/loss for the possible outcomes…

USA win + £30.00 – £31.60 = £1.60 loss
USA don't win and Spieth or McIlroy top scores - £50.00 + £48.40 + £47.50 (extract 95% from our £25.00 stake refund) = £45.90 profit
USA don't win and neither Spieth or McIlroy top scores - £50.00 + £48.40 = £1.60 loss

So, if the USA don’t win and Spieth or McIlroy top scores, we will make a nice profit of £45.90. If, however, the USA win, or neither Spieth or McIlroy top scores, we’ll have made a loss of £1.60. Risking £1.60 to make a profit of £45.90, gives us effective odds of 29.69, so given that the odds of Spieth and McIlroy top scoring are 9.00 and 8.00 respectively, this is a profitable offer in the long run, even though we need the USA not to win.

Stake refunds just need rolling over once at minimum odds of 1.90 or greater before we are able to withdraw. The above calculations are therefore based on the assumption that, by using straightforward matched betting, we should be able to extract 95% cash from our £50.00 stake refund.

To claim our stake refund, we must email the promotion code ‘RYD50’, our bet ID number and our 188BET member code to promo@188service.com using our registered email address by 23:59 (GMT) on Monday 3rd October 2016. Free bets will be credited within 72 hours of a successful claim being submitted and will be valid for 30 days.

Share this

15 Comments

  1. Lucida

    September 29, 2016
    / Reply

    Think this one has been pulled. Only the Southampton offer showing on the home page banner.

  2. Naomi

    September 29, 2016
    / Reply

    do you know if anyone can do this one, its not showing when i log onto their website.... i assume i can't do it if its not showing on mine? I may be wrong though (quite new to all of this!) thank you

  3. timothy

    September 29, 2016
    / Reply

    Hi,

    I carn't seem to find this advertised on there website is the offer still available?

  4. John

    September 29, 2016
    / Reply

    Have you seen the Betstars offer? Place 20 quid bet on a Foursomes/Fourballs or Singles match and get a 20 free bet for every eagle. Obviously we won't get the match ups til tomorrow but should be some small qualifying losses hopefully. Wonder if it can be done on multiple matches?
    https://www.betstars.uk/#/promotions/459385

    • Matt

      Matt

      October 1, 2016
      / Reply

      I had a look at this John, but couldn't an acceptable qualifying loss to make it profitable.

  5. Chris

    September 29, 2016
    / Reply

    Is this by invitation only? Does not appear on my list of promos. Had a similar issue with the goal scorer promo yesterday .

  6. Nathan

    September 29, 2016
    / Reply

    Why did you bet on USA? Surely it's better to bet on the outsider as they only refund losing bets. So if Speith is top scorer and then USA win you don't get any money back.

    • henry

      September 29, 2016
      / Reply

      The odds favour betting on USA - you're effectively getting the best part of 30/1 for what's probably an 8/1 shot (i.e. McIlroy or Speith being top scorer and USA not winning)...if you back Europe you'll incur a higher qualifying loss (not necessarily a bad thing) but this means the effective odds you're getting are probably only about 5/1 ...which is pretty much the odds you would expect on McIlroy or Speith being top scorer and Europe not winning....Obviously, you pay your money and take your choice, and you might be "right" to back Europe in this instance, but in the long run you're not maximising the value in the offer.

      • Nathan

        September 30, 2016
        / Reply

        I'm not sure that holds. Or at least it only holds if the qualifying loss is significantly higher. If the qualifying loss is the same. Then there's a 70% chance (the current odds of USA winning) on you not winning the bet even if Speith or McIlroy are top scorer. Whereas by betting Europe there is just a 30% chance of this win being annulled. If the odds of them being top scorer is 1/8 (I don't know but will take your word for it) then the qualifying loss for this to be profitable (assuming 75% extraction of a free bet) is £1.46 for USA and £3.28 for Europe. So you should bet on Europe here not the USA. Unless I'm missing something?

  7. LuvFooty

    September 29, 2016
    / Reply

    http://www.188betpromo.com/uk/ryd50/

  8. Maverick

    September 29, 2016
    / Reply

    I had this offer via an email along with some of this weeks Champions League promo's. Nothing on the website when I logged in though.

  9. Chris

    Chris

    September 29, 2016
    / Reply

    Can we bet on the tie? Its 13/13 at present.

    • henry

      September 29, 2016
      / Reply

      No. From the Terms of the offer....4. Only bets on the pre-tournament Outright market on either USA or Europe to win are eligible for this Promotion.

  10. tim

    September 30, 2016
    / Reply

    Whats the bet member code they ask you to provide when reedeming the offer?, the offer was not email to me so unsure if I can take part?

    • Matt

      Matt

      October 1, 2016
      / Reply

      Your username is usually sufficient Tim.


Get involved!

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *.

Leave a Reply