There’s a big day of racing at Sandown on Saturday and it’s time for another Sky Bet Money Back Special! If our horse finishes 2nd in the 13:50 at Sandown, Sky Bet will refund our stake as cash, up to a maximum of £10.00. Translated into matched betting terms, this gives us a potential profit of £9.14 and here’s how…
- This offer applies to our first bet on the 13:50 at Sandown.
- Qualifying bets must be placed between 14:00 on Friday 3rd January 2020 and 13:50 (race-off) on Saturday 4th January 2020.
- If fewer than four runners come under starters orders, Sky Bet may withdraw the offer.
- If our horse finishes 2nd, Sky Bet will refund our stake as cash, up to £10.00.
If you’re unsure about how to place qualifying bets, check out my Qualifying Bet Strategy page for a walk-through guide on how they should be done.
It’s entirely up to you which horse you go for, but it would make sense to select a horse with fairly short odds in the hope of a 2nd place finish.
At the time of writing, the lay odds aren’t quite tight enough, so I’ll use fictional lay odds for Johnbb in the following example and I’ll update the bottom of the post with an actual selection after the race.
At the time of writing, laying our bet with Betfair is likely to give us the smallest qualifying loss.
Betfair are currently running a great sign up offer where you pay 0% commission up to £500 for the first 30 days…
If you already have a Betfair account, you can opt to pay just 2% commission by selecting the Basic package.
We can calculate our lay stake using my matched betting calculator…
As you can see, the calculator tells us that our lay stake should be £9.33…
Place £10.00 on Johnbb @ 2.50 = Potential profit of £15.00
Lay £9.33 on Johnbb @ 2.70 = Potential liability of £15.86
Let’s have a look at our potential profit/loss for the possible outcomes…
|Johnbb wins||+£15.00||-£15.86||£0.86 loss|
|Johnbb finishes 2nd||-£10.00||+£9.14||+£10.00||£9.14 profit|
|Johnbb finishes outside top 2||-£10.00||+£9.14||£0.86 loss|
So, we’ll make a nice profit of £9.14 if Johnbb finishes 2nd and we stand to lose £0.86 on any other outcome. Risking £0.86 to make a profit of £9.14 gives us effective odds of 11.63, which I’m sure you’ll agree, makes this a profitable offer in the long run.
If eligible, cash refunds will be credited within 24 hours of the race finishing.
* Johnbb was available at back odds of 2.375 and lay odds of 2.50. Johnbb finished outside the top 2, resulting in a loss of £0.62 on this Sky Bet offer. *
Click here to get this Sky Bet offer