It’s Wolves v Liverpool on Monday night and you don’t want to miss this Golden Goal offer from William Hill! Simply place a bet on Wolves or Liverpool to win the match and if your selected team scores first, William Hill will pay you out as a winner, in cash, regardless of the outcome! Translated into matched betting terms, this gives us a potential profit of £65.52 and here’s how…
- Promotion available on selected matches from 00:00:01 on 5th January 2019 until 23:59:59 on 1st June 2019.
- Qualifying Single bets must be placed on the 90 Minutes market for Wolves v Liverpool.
- Qualifying bets must be placed before 19:45 (kick-off) on Monday 7th January 2019.
Golden Goal Winnings:
Golden Goal winnings will be paid as cash, up to a maximum of £50.00 (plus our stake, or the proportion of our stake that contributed to those winnings).
- If we stake £100 at odds of 1.50 (1/2), we’ll receive £150 in cash (£50 winnings, plus our £100 stake)
- If we stake £100 at odds of 2.00 (evens), we’ll receive £100 in cash (£50 max. winnings, plus the £50 of our stake that contributed to those winnings)
- If we stake £100 at odds of 3.50 (5/2), we’ll receive £70 in cash (£50 max. winnings, plus the £20 of our stake that contributed to those winnings)
If you’re unfamiliar with qualifying bets, please see my Qualifying Bet Strategy page for a walk-through guide on how it should be done.
Having looked at the odds available, we could place our qualifying bet on Wolves in the 90 Minutes market.
If Wolves score first and go on to draw or lose the match, our winnings will be paid in cash, up to a maximum of £50.00.
To calculate our back stake, we just need to divide £50.00 by 2.90 (back odds – 1.00), which gives us £17.24. It’s best that we stick to round numbers when placing our back bet, so we should stake £20.00 instead.
At the time of writing, laying our bet at Smarkets gives us the smallest qualifying loss.
We can calculate our lay stake using my matched betting calculator…
As you can see, the calculator tells us that our lay stake should be £18.66…
Place £20.00 on Wolves @ 3.90 = Potential profit of £58.00
Lay £18.66 on Wolves @ 4.20 = Potential liability of £59.71
Let’s have a look at our potential profit/loss for the possible outcomes…
|Wolves score first and win||+£58.00||-£59.71||£1.71 loss|
|Wolves score first and don't win||+£47.24||+£18.28||£65.52 profit|
|Wolves don't score first and win||+£58.00||-£59.71||£1.71 loss|
|Wolves don't score first and don't win||-£20.00||+£18.28||£1.72 loss|
So, if Wolves score first and fail to win the game, we’ll receive cash winnings of £50.00, plus the £17.24 of our stake that contributed to those winnings, making us a nice profit of £65.52! Any other outcome and we’ll lose a maximum of £1.72. Risking £1.72 to make a profit of £65.52, gives us effective odds of 39.09, which I’m sure you’ll agree, makes this a profitable offer in the long run.
If eligible, our cash winnings will be credited within 2 hours of the match finishing or by 12:00 on Tuesday 8th January 2019.
Note: If your team scores first, you can either let it run as above or place an extra back bet to lock in a profit. If you decide to guarantee a profit, you just need to divide the sum of your potential profit and potential loss by the back odds. So if the back odds are 2.50, you would divide £67.23 by 2.50, giving you a back stake of £26.89 and a guaranteed profit of £38.63.
* Wolves scored first and won the match, resulting in a loss of £1.71 on this William Hill offer. *
Click here to take advantage of this William Hill offer