There’s a big day of racing at Newbury on Friday and it’s time for another Sky Bet money back offer! If our horse finishes 2nd or 3rd in the 14:25 at Newbury, Sky Bet will refund our stake as cash, up to a maximum of £10.00. Translated into matched betting terms, this gives us a potential profit of £9.10 and here’s how…
- This offer applies to our first bet on the 14:25 at Newbury.
- Qualifying bets must be placed between 11:00 on Wednesday 25th November 2020 and 14:25 (race-off) on Friday 27th November 2020.
- If fewer than seven runners come under starters orders, Sky Bet may withdraw the offer.
- If our horse finishes 2nd or 3rd, Sky Bet will refund our stake as cash, up to £10.00.
If you’d like more information about qualifying bets and how they work, please see my qualifying bets guide.
It’s entirely up to you which horse you go for, but it would make sense to select a horse with fairly short odds in the hope of a 2nd or 3rd place finish.
At the time of writing, the back and lay odds aren’t quite tight enough. Oldgrangewood is favourite to win the race at back odds of 5.00 (4/1). I’ll use lay odds of 5.40 to illustrate how this offer works and I’ll update the bottom of the post after the race with a genuine selection.
Either exchange works for this offer
We can calculate our lay stake using my matched betting calculator…
As you can see, the calculator tells us that our lay stake should be £9.29…
Place £10.00 on Oldgrangewood @ 5.00 = Potential profit of £40.00
Lay £9.29 on Oldgrangewood @ 5.40 = Potential liability of £40.87
Let’s have a look at our potential profit/loss for the possible outcomes…
So, we’ll make a nice profit of £9.10 if Oldgrangewood finishes 2nd or 3rd and we stand to lose a maximum of £0.90 on any other outcome. Risking £0.90 to make a profit of £9.10 gives us effective odds of 11.11, which I’m sure you’ll agree, makes this a profitable offer in the long run.
If eligible, cash refunds will be credited within 24 hours of the race finishing.
* Oldgrangewood was available at back odds of 5.00 and lay odds of 5.40. Oldgrangewood finished outside the top 3, resulting in a loss of £0.90 on this Sky Bet offer. *
Get this Sky Bet money back offer