There’s a big day of racing at Newbury on Saturday and it’s time for another Sky Bet Money Back Special! If our horse finishes 2nd or 3rd in the 13:50 at Newbury, Sky Bet will refund our stake as cash, up to a maximum of £20.00. Translated into matched betting terms, this gives us a potential profit of £18.45 and here’s how…
- This offer applies to our first bet on the 13:50 at York.
- Qualifying bets must be placed between 14:00 on Friday 17th May 2019 and 13:50 (race-off) on Saturday 18th May 2019.
- If fewer than nine runners come under starters orders, Sky Bet may withdraw the offer.
- If our horse finishes 2nd or 3rd, Sky Bet will refund our stake as cash, up to £20.00.
If you’re unsure about how to place qualifying bets, check out my Qualifying Bet Strategy page for a walk-through guide on how they should be done.
It’s entirely up to you which horse you go for, but it would make sense to select a horse with fairly short odds in the hope of a 2nd or 3rd place finish.
At the time of writing, the lay odds aren’t quite tight enough, so I’ll use fictional lay odds for Red Impression in the following example and I’ll update the bottom of the post with an actual selection after the race.
At the time of writing, laying our bet with Smarkets is likely to give us the smallest qualifying loss.
We can calculate our lay stake using my matched betting calculator…
As you can see, the calculator tells us that our lay stake should be £18.83…
Place £20.00 on Red Impression @ 4.50 = Potential profit of £70.00
Lay £18.83 on Red Impression @ 4.80 = Potential liability of £71.55
Let’s have a look at our potential profit/loss for the possible outcomes…
|Red Impression wins||+£70.00||-£71.55||£1.55 loss|
|Red Impression finishes 2nd or 3rd||-£20.00||+£18.45||+£20.00||£18.45 profit|
|Red Impression finishes outside top 3||-£20.00||+£18.45||£1.55 loss|
So, we’ll make a nice profit of £18.45 if Red Impression finishes 2nd or 3rd and we stand to lose £1.55 on any other outcome. Risking £1.55 to make a profit of £18.45 gives us effective odds of 12.90, which I’m sure you’ll agree, makes this a profitable offer in the long run.
If eligible, cash refunds will be credited within 24 hours of the race finishing.
* Red Impression was available at back odds of 4.333 and lay odds of 4.60. Red Impression finished outside the top 3, resulting in a loss of £1.46 on this Sky Bet offer. *
Click here to get this Sky Bet offer