It’s Day 4 of Royal Ascot 2019 on Friday and it’s time for another Sky Bet Money Back Special! If our horse finishes 2nd or 3rd in the 14:30 at Royal Ascot, Sky Bet will refund our stake as cash, up to a maximum of £20.00. Translated into matched betting terms, this gives us a potential profit of £18.92 and here’s how…
- This offer applies to our first bet on the 14:30 at Royal Ascot.
- Qualifying bets must be placed between 17:00 on Thursday 20th June 2019 and 14:30 (race-off) on Friday 21st June 2019.
- If fewer than nine runners come under starters orders, Sky Bet may withdraw the offer.
- If our horse finishes 2nd or 3rd, Sky Bet will refund our stake as cash, up to £20.00.
If you’re unsure about how to place qualifying bets, check out my Qualifying Bet Strategy page for a walk-through guide on how they should be done.
It’s entirely up to you which horse you go for, but it would make sense to select a horse with fairly short odds in the hope of a 2nd or 3rd place finish.
There are 26 horses due to run in this race, so it’s only worth getting involved if we can find close back and lay odds.
At the time of writing, the lay odds aren’t quite tight enough, so I’ll use fictional lay odds for Daahyeh in the following example and I’ll update the bottom of the post with an actual selection after the race.
At the time of writing, laying our bet with Smarkets is likely to give us the smallest qualifying loss.
We can calculate our lay stake using my matched betting calculator…
As you can see, the calculator tells us that our lay stake should be £19.31…
Place £20.00 on Daahyeh @ 5.00 = Potential profit of £80.00
Lay £19.31 on Daahyeh @ 5.20 = Potential liability of £81.10
Let’s have a look at our potential profit/loss for the possible outcomes…
|Daahyeh wins||+£80.00||-£81.10||£1.10 loss|
|Daahyeh finishes 2nd or 3rd||-£20.00||+£18.92||+£20.00||£18.92 profit|
|Daahyeh finishes outside top 3||-£20.00||+£18.92||£1.08 loss|
So, we’ll make a nice profit of £18.92 if Daahyeh finishes 2nd or 3rd and we stand to lose a maximum of £1.10 on any other outcome. Risking £1.10 to make a profit of £18.92 gives us effective odds of 18.20, which I’m sure you’ll agree, makes this a profitable offer in the long run.
If eligible, cash refunds will be credited within 24 hours of the race finishing.
* Daahyeh was available at back odds of 5.00 and lay odds of 5.30. Daahyeh won the race, resulting in a loss of £1.44 on this Sky Bet offer. *
Click here to get this Sky Bet offer