As of 1st August 2023, OddsMonkey will be the only place to extend your 0% Smarkets commission after the initial promotional period of 60 days.
Luckily, OddsMonkey is a fantastic service with a wealth of time-saving and profit-boosting tools. If you’ve been matched betting for a reasonable amount of time, you should consider trying their premium tools.
Their tools are reason enough to try out a subscription. The fact you get Smarkets 0% makes it essential for nearly any matched bettor with a bit of experience.
By OddsMonkey’s calculations, the average matched bettor can save over £171.50 in Smarkets commission each year*.
Sign up to OddsMonkey
Select an offer below, to have your discount applied after registering for a free account.
50% off your first month
(20+ Tools & Support)
(Premium + Casino)
Save every year
(20+ Tools & Support)
(Premium + Casino)
How do I claim my 0% commission?
Claiming your 0% commission is simple. Create an OddsMonkey account via any of the links above, then go to Manage my account > Exchanges > Smarkets Integration.
From there, you can click ‘OPT IN to Smarkets 0% commission’ and enter the email address on your Smarkets account.
Once you receive Smarket’s confirmation email, return to the OddsMonkey page and click ‘Link to Smarkets now’. OddsMonkey will take you through some simple steps to connect your Smarkets account.
Once connected, you only need to place a Smarkets bet via one of their various Matcher tools – OddsMatcher, 2UP Matcher, Extra Place Matcher etc. Your 0% commission will be applied to your account for the next 30 days.
To renew your 30 days, place another Smarkets bet via any of their tools.
Can I get 0% commission by being a Matched Betting Blog user?
This promotion is no longer available to Matched Betting Blog users. As of 1st August 2023, this promotion is available exclusively to OddsMonkey members.
- The offer is available until Wednesday 31st July 2024.
- The offer cannot be used in conjunction with Skrill, Neteller, Trustly or PayPal deposits. These payment methods will be made unavailable for the duration of the promotional period.
- There is no minimum stake.
- There are no minimum odds.
- Upon placing your integrated qualifying bet, you should receive an email from Smarkets confirming your 0% commission rate, usually within a few minutes.
- The 0% commission will apply to all bets that settle within the promotional period.
- Your 30 days of 0% commission runs from the date of your last integrated bet, so keep placing bets to extend the offer.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the 0% commission rate will apply to all back and lay bets placed directly at Smarkets. Only an integrated bet will extend the offer.
- If you go 30 days without placing an integrated bet, your commission will revert to the standard rate of 2%. Smarkets will send you an email confirming this. Place another integrated bet to return to the 0% commission rate.
You can check your commission rate anytime via the ‘Trading Stats & Commission’ section of your Smarkets account.
Remember to enter ‘0%‘ as your ‘Lay commission‘ when using any of my calculators.
When will the 0% commission rate be applied to my Smarkets account?
Your 0% commission rate should be active instantly after placing your integrated qualifying bet. You’ll pay zero commission on all bets that settle within 30 days of placing the bet and within the promotional period.
I have not received my opt-in confirmation email from Smarkets. What should I do?
Be sure to check your spam folder. Many email providers automatically sort your emails into separate inboxes like ‘promotions’ or ‘updates’, so check those too.
Remember, you can check your active commission rate via the ‘Trading Stats & Commission’ section of your Smarkets account. You can contact Smarkets’ live chat support if you still need clarification.
My bet will settle after my 0% commission period ends. What commission rate will apply?
If your bet settles after your 0% validity period, it will be subject to Smarkets’ standard commission rate of 2%.
Can I extend my 0% commission period before it expires?
Yes. You can place another integrated bet before your validity period expires to renew your 30 days.
Can I unlink my OddsMonkey and Smarkets accounts?
Yes. You can unlink your accounts via OddsMonkey or directly at Smarkets.
At OddsMonkey, go to Manage my account > Exchanges > Smarkets Integration > Unlink your account.
At Smarkets, go to Settings > Integrations > Untoggle OddsMonkey > Update permissions.
*OddsMonkey data: From 1st Jan – 26th June 2023, there was an average saving per player on 0% commissions of £83.17. This equates to an average annual saving of £171.50 per player.