It’s Aston Villa v Everton in the Premier League on Friday night and you don’t want to miss this Golden Goal offer from William Hill! Simply place a bet on Aston Villa or Everton to win the match and if our selected team scores first, William Hill will pay us out as a winner, up to £25.00 in cash, no matter what happens! Translated into matched betting terms, this gives us a potential profit of £31.28 and here’s how…
- Promotion available on selected matches from 00:01 on 5th January 2019 until 23:59 on 1st June 2020.
- Qualifying single bets must be placed on the 90 Minutes market for Aston Villa v Everton.
- Qualifying bets must be placed before 20:00 (kick-off) on Friday 23rd August 2019.
Golden Goal Winnings:
Golden Goal winnings will be paid as cash, up to a maximum of £25.00 (plus our stake, or the proportion of our stake that contributed to those winnings).
- Estimated profit under £25 – If we stake £25 at odds of 1.50 (1/2), we’ll receive £37.50 in cash (£12.50 winnings, plus our £25 stake).
- Estimated profit exactly £25 – If we stake £25 at odds of 2.00 (evens), we’ll receive £50 in cash (£25 maximum winnings, plus the full £25 stake that contributed to those winnings).
- Estimated profit over £25 – If we stake £25 at odds of 3.50 (5/2), we’ll receive £35 in cash (£25 maximum winnings, plus the £10 of our stake that contributed to those winnings).
If you’re unfamiliar with qualifying bets, please see my Qualifying Bet Strategy page for a walk-through guide on how it should be done.
Having looked at the odds available, we could place our qualifying bet on Aston Villa in the 90 Minutes market.
If Aston Villa score first and go on to draw or lose the match, our winnings will be paid in cash, up to a maximum of £25.00.
To calculate our back stake, we just need to divide £25.00 by 2.20 (back odds minus 1.00), which gives us £11.36. It’s best that we stick to round numbers when placing our qualifying bet, so we should stake £10.00 instead.
At the time of writing, laying our bet at Smarkets gives us the smallest qualifying loss.
We can calculate our lay stake using my matched betting calculator…
As you can see, the calculator tells us that our lay stake should be £9.47…
Place £10.00 on Aston Villa @ 3.20 = Potential profit of £22.00
Lay £9.47 on Aston Villa @ 3.40 = Potential liability of £22.72
Let’s have a look at our potential profit/loss for the possible outcomes…
|Aston Villa score first and win||+£22.00||-£22.72||£0.72 loss|
|Aston Villa score first and don't win||+£22.00||+£9.28||£31.28 profit|
|Aston Villa don't score first and win||+£22.00||-£22.72||£0.72 loss|
|Aston Villa don't score first and don't win||-£10.00||+£9.28||£0.72 loss|
So, if Aston Villa score first and go on to draw or lose the game, we’ll receive cash winnings of £22.00, plus the £10.00 of our stake that contributed to those winnings, giving us a profit of £22.00 at William Hill. We’ll also win £9.28 from our lay bet at Smarkets, giving us an overall potential profit of £31.28!
Any other outcome and we’ll lose £0.72. Risking £0.72 to make a profit of £31.28, gives us effective odds of 44.44, which I’m sure you’ll agree, makes this a profitable offer in the long run.
If eligible, our cash winnings will be credited within 3 hours of the match finishing or by no later than 12:00 on Saturday 24th August 2019.
Note: If your team scores first, you can either let it run as above or place an extra back bet on them to lock in a profit. If you decide to guarantee a profit, you just need to divide the sum of your potential loss and potential profit by the back odds. For example, if the back odds are 1.80 (4/5), you would divide £32.00 (£0.72 + £31.28) by 1.80, giving you a back stake of £17.78 and a guaranteed profit of £13.50.
* Aston Villa scored first and went on to win the match 2-0, resulting in a loss of £0.72 on this William Hill offer. *
Click here to take advantage of this William Hill offer