Register an account with Betfair using the promotional code ‘VAL225‘ and get your money back as cash up to £20 if your first Exchange bet loses.
When you register with Betfair, you’ll not only get their welcome offer. You’ll also have access to a fantastic exchange. The liquidity of their markets is the best around, which often means you can find better odds than at other exchanges.
You can also reduce your commission to 2% instead of the standard 5% by opting out of sportsbook promotions. Complete this offer first, then see this guide on reducing your commission.
- Open your new account using the promo code ‘VAL225‘.
- Only debit card deposits will qualify (Apple Pay is excluded).
- Stake up to £20 as your first Exchange bet.
- Your bet must be placed and settled within 7 days of opening your account.
- If your bet loses, Betfair will refund your stake as cash.
- Refunds will be credited within 72 hours of your bet settling.
Always check the terms of an offer yourself before placing any bets. Bookmakers and betting exchanges can amend their terms anytime, so it’s always worth double-checking.
- Register an account with Betfair below using the promotional code ‘VAL225‘.
Matched Betting Blog receives a small commission when you sign up to Betfair via the link above. It helps support the site and keeps it free for everyone to learn matched betting.
- Deposit £20 using a debit card.
- Check the back odds on the Betfair Exchange and the lay odds at another betting exchange to find a suitable selection. Look for odds around 5.00 (4/1) and above, as high odds will give you more profit than low odds.
- Use the ‘Money Back if Bet Loses‘ setting on the Matched Betting Calculator to calculate your lay stake. You can enter £20 as your ‘Cashback‘ figure as your stake is refunded as cash, should your qualifying bet lose. You must also enter 5% as your ‘Back commission‘.
- Place your £20 qualifying back bet on the Betfair Exchange. Your bet must be placed and settled within 7 days of opening your account.
- Place your lay bet against the same selection at another betting exchange.
- If your qualifying bet loses, you’ll receive a £20 cash refund within 72 hours of settlement.
Aim for a £15 profit on this Betfair Exchange offer as a rough guide.
General advice and example for ‘Money back if bet loses’ offers
Place your ‘Money back if bet loses’ bets at high odds to maximise your profits. Use the ‘Money Back if Bet Loses’ setting on the Matched Betting Calculator to calculate your lay stakes. In the ‘Cashback’ field, you should enter the amount of your cash refund or the amount you expect to convert if the bookmaker pays your refund as a free bet or bonus.
You can convert any free bets or bonuses into cash. Use the ‘Free Bet’ setting on the Matched Betting Calculator to calculate your lay stakes. It’s best to place free bets at high odds to maximise your profits.
See my Money back if bet loses guide for a complete walkthrough of this offer type.
Learn matched betting the free, easy way.
The Matched Betting Academy
- Logically structured to tackle strategies and offers as you’re ready for them.
- Bag profits every step of the way. About £600 from welcome offers, and another £500 monthly.
- Make £15 from your very first offer.