100% deposit bonus

• Hello, i am quite new to matched betting and have a question about a 100% deposit bonus.

Lets say the bookie “bestBets365” (made up bookie) has a 100% bonus on your first deposit. Let’s say i deposited 75€ and they gave me an extra 75.

I got 150 to play with then, what happens if i place 3x 50€ bets and ALL of them lose, but obviously my smarkets lay bets win 3 times (stake calculated with the calculator on this site)

Then of course my funds @ bestBets365 are 0.

And now this is where i am just too slow in my head to figure out if i am correct or not, but i think i am when i assume that i already profited ~65€ from this offer, right? even though i never got to withdraw anything from bestBets365

Or am i wrong about that? is there any reason to deposit at this bookie again like haven’t i fully received the bonus yet ? obviously theres roll over requirements before withdrawing it but by matching they dont really matter and i already have profited as much as possible from this offer right?

I am sorry, im not the smartest when it comes to maths…
    So basically my question: have i profited as much as possible from this offer already and have i done everything correctly?

Thank you 🙂

• New to matched betting?

My Matched Betting Academy is the best place to get started. Learning the fundamentals takes 10-15 minutes and you’ll make £15 in the process.

Learning the fundamentals takes 10-15 minutes and you’ll make £15 in the process.

Ice Magic 3

You got €75 for free

So you would have some losses on your 3 x €50 bets, so €10 estimate.

Then your profit is €65

If all your bets won, you would still have made a profit of €65. However you may not be allowed to withdraw this cash until you have met any rollover requirement.

+0
    hsv96 0

Thanks for your reply!
    So basically whenever bookies offer a 100% deposit bonus, it’s actually always the goal to lose all your bets until you’re at 0 on the bookie and profit on Smarkets? Because that way you can avoid having to meet the rollover requirements?

Exception being of course if they have a roll over requirement before awarding the bonus to your account, but even then, after they awarded the bonus it’s the best to just get rid of all the money on the bookie and just not bother with all the roll over requirements and just try to transfer the bonus to Smarkets, right?

+0
    patrick
    Blocked

Losing to the bookie suddenly becomes a lot more difficult when you want it to happen !!
    The original sods law I guess

+0
    beh 7

@hsv96 if you can be sure the bets will lose you don’t even need to do the offers, just lay the bets and profit? Oh wait, that seems pretty stupid doesn’t it?

Don’t do anything with a WR unless you’re able to cover the potential liabilities of needing to complete the offer. You might hope to lose it to the exchange but you should never rely on it.

+0
    hsv96 0

No no, that’s not what i meant.
    Of course i always place bets both on the bookie and lay them on the exchange.

My question was simply if that if the rollover requirements are like 6x the stake, it would be ideal to aim to lose your bets on the bookie.
    For example i start out with 150€ (deposited 75 and 75 bonus), the bonus is applied instantly, and just the rollover requirements to WITHDRAW that bonus are 6x the total amount (6 x 150)

My question was that i think a goal could just be to lose all the money on the bookie, and just add the bonus to the market exchange (smarket).
    E.g.: with those 150€ i place 3x 50€ bets, lets say all of them lose and my lay bet wins every time, that would be perfect right? i would already have profited from the bookies offer as much as possible, so i just dont even bother fulfilling the rollover requirements since the bonus is already at my smarket account.

Or e.g. i win 2/3 bets, then i will have even more money on my bookie account, but i just keep doing this by betting on events that have odds of 3 or higher, meaning after just a few bets i probably will have run out of money on the bookie account.

That way i will never have to go through the process of meeting the rollover requirements for a payout, i wont have to go through the verification process with every bookie, i wont have to withdraw money from all the bookies, and the bonus from the bookies offers would just go to smarkets.

If the bonus had requirements for unlocking i would of course just need to go through the qualifying bets before doing this strategy

Is there a fault in my thoughts here i dont seem to find?

+0
    beh 7

You misunderstood the point I was making with that example.

The fault in your thoughts is that it seems you fully expect to complete these offers simply by losing to the exchange.

+0
    hsv96 0

But didn’t i complete them by running out of money on an offer like that?
    I mean that was my question in the beginning, maybe i didn’t complete them, but why?

If i deposited 75€ and instantly had 150€ available because the bonus is added instantly (not an offer where you have to qualify for the bonus, this one just has rollover requirements before withdrawing it from their site)

Then i placed 3x 50€ bets
    I was able to spend 150€ on bets, even though i only paid for 75 of them.
    Then i lose them all but my lay bets all win.

Isn’t it essentially just like having 75€ in free bets and i still profited as much as possible from that offer?

Because yes i paid for my lay bets, but only for 50% of my bookies bets, even if all my lay bets win and all my bookie bets lose, i will still have profited as much as was possible from this offer?

I understand that you’re saying i didn’t, but i don’t understand why?

(sorry if i am missing something completely obvious but i dont see it)

+0
    patrick
    Blocked

This should be in the Newbies thread or more appropriately under a new section – newbies unsuitable for match betting.

Sorry for the tone ,but really what am I doing replying this dross.

+0
    beh 7

Do you fully expect that you will complete these offers without needing to meet the WR?

As I already said, you might hope to lose to the exchange but you should never rely on it.

+0
    hsv96 0

But the offer i am talking about doesn’t have WR for the bonus to be playable
    I am talking about an offer that just straight up adds the bonus to your account, and i can just use that bonus as free bets basically.. thats what i was trying to get at, but nevermind i’ll just stop asking, apparently im missing something that im unable to understand, so thanks anyways!

+0
    beh 7

If you’re talking about offers which have no WR at any point then you make even less sense. The result of these bets would be irrelevant as you could simply withdraw from the bookie if they won.

+0
    hsv96 0

Forget it, its fine, it worked and i profited 60€ from the 75€ deposit bonus. / i will when the bets are settled.

And no you cant withdraw them because before withdrawing them from the bookie. they have requirements for withdrawing them, but no requirements for making them playable.
    so they are just like free bets. and all you have to do is lose them.
    done.

+0
    beh 7

“all you have to do is lose them” – oh dear.

+0
    hsv96 0

Well even if you win them its the same outcome because i placed a bet and a lay, its just more convenient if you lose them, thats my point… but forget it.

+0
    FoG_BLoG 47

hsv8

You deposit £75, they top you up with a bonus so total Bookie balance is £150.

You make 3 bets £50 each say on Villa @ 14.0, Palace @8.75 and West Ham @4.1.

Say you back and lay these and for arguments sake you have a £10 qualifying loss on each bet.

Case 1: You LOSE all your bets. Great! No need to rollover.
    Bookie balance = £0
    Exchange balance = +£120 (so nice profit considering you only deposited £75 in first place).

Now beh is talking about Case 2

Case 2: All your bets WIN
    Bookie Balance = £1342.50
    Exchange Balance = -£1222.50 (still in the same position +£120 but funds distributed differently)

What do you do now? All you can do is complete the rollover requirements, so make sure you are ready to tackle that if that situation comes about .. make sure that the rollover requirements are not reasonable, some offers would cost you a small fortune to unlock the £1342 from you bookie account.

You can answer with well Villa are never going to beat Utd, but then as beh says, if you know that then just lay Villa on the exchange – you dont have to bother with matched betting if you have a crystal ball.

So whether you HOPE that the exchange bets win or not is one thing. But you cannot control which side wins. So there is always a chance that you will need to rollover your requirements.

You can think that by betting on high odds is the best way to ensure the exchange bet wins, but it is also the best way to dig yourself into a huge hole with massive funds stuck in the bookie and unable to withdraw because the requirements havent been met.

+0
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.