The Masters 2021 tees off on Thursday and Sky Bet are getting in on the action! Simply opt in and place a £5.00+ bet on the ‘Hotshots’ market and Sky Bet will give us a £1.00 free bet for every birdie or better our player makes during the first round of the tournament. Translated into matched betting terms, this gives us a potential profit of £3.50 and here’s how…
- We must opt in on the promotion page, to be eligible.
- Minimum stake of £5.00.
- Applies to bets placed on the Hotshots market.
- Applies to bets placed between 10:00 on Thursday 1st April 2021 and the first tee (around 13:00) on Thursday 8th April 2021.
- We’ll receive a £1.00 free bet for every birdie or better our player makes during Round 1 of the tournament.
If you’d like more information about qualifying bets and how they work, please see my qualifying bets guide.
It’s entirely up to you which player you place your qualifying bet on. At the time of writing, Dustin Johnson is available at back odds of 10.00 (9/1) and lay odds of 11.00.
Smarkets works best for this offer
For this offer, Smarkets are the best option due to Sky Bet being part of the same group as Betfair.
Laying your bet at Betfair would probably be fine, but if you don’t want to risk it, Smarkets is your safest bet.
- 0% commission for 60 days
We can calculate our lay stakes using my Matched Betting Calculator…
As you can see, the calculator tells us that our lay stake should be £4.55…
Place £5.00 on Dustin Johnson @ 10.00 = Potential profit of £45.00
Lay £4.55 on Dustin Johnson @ 11.00 = Potential liability of £45.50
Let’s have a look at our potential profit/loss for the possible outcomes…
So, no matter who wins, we’ll lose a maximum of £0.55 in qualifying for our potential free bets.
We’ll receive a £1.00 free bet for every birdie or better Dustin Johnson records during the first round of the tournament. Free bets will be credited by 19:00 after the conclusion of the first round and will not be subject to an expiry.
If Dustin Johnson records 5 birdies or better in the first round, we’ll receive £5.00 in free bets. Using straightforward matched betting, we should be able to convert our free bets into 80% cash, so £4.00.
If we take into account our minimum qualifying loss of £0.50, this gives us a potential profit of £3.50 on this Sky Bet offer!
* Dustin Johnson recorded three birdies in Round 1 and went on to miss the cut, resulting in a profit of £1.85 on this Sky Bet offer. *
Get this Sky Bet free bet offer