There’s a big day of racing at Musselburgh on Saturday and it’s time for another Sky Bet money back offer! If our horse finishes 2nd or 3rd in the 13:50 Musselburgh, Sky Bet will refund our stake as cash, up to a maximum of £10.00. Translated into matched betting terms, this gives us a potential profit of £9.23 and here’s how…
- This offer applies to our first bet on the 13:50 Musselburgh.
- Qualifying bets must be placed between 11:00 on Thursday 1st April 2021 and 13:50 (race-off) on Saturday 3rd April 2021.
- If fewer than seven runners come under starters orders, Sky Bet may withdraw the offer.
- If our horse finishes 2nd or 3rd, Sky Bet will refund our stake as cash, up to £10.00.
If you’d like more information about qualifying bets and how they work, please see my qualifying bets guide.
It’s entirely up to you which horse you go for, but it would make sense to select a horse with fairly short odds in the hope of a 2nd or 3rd place finish.
At the time of writing, the back and lay odds aren’t quite tight enough. Stone Soldier is favourite to win the race at back odds of 3.75 (11/4). I’ll use lay odds of 4.00 to illustrate how this offer works and I’ll update the bottom of the post with a genuine selection after the race.
Smarkets works best for this offer
For this offer, Smarkets are the best option due to Sky Bet being part of the same group as Betfair.
Laying your bet at Betfair would probably be fine, but if you don’t want to risk it, Smarkets is your safest bet.
- 0% commission for 60 days
We can calculate our lay stake using my Matched Betting Calculator…
As you can see, the calculator tells us that our lay stake should be £9.42…
Place £10.00 on Stone Soldier @ 3.75 = Potential profit of £27.50
Lay £9.42 on Stone Soldier @ 4.00 = Potential liability of £28.26
Let’s have a look at our potential profit/loss for the possible outcomes…
So, we’ll make a nice profit of £9.23 if Stone Soldier finishes 2nd or 3rd and we stand to lose a maximum of £0.77 on any other outcome. Risking £0.77 to make a potential profit of £9.23 gives us effective odds of 12.99, which I’m sure you’ll agree, makes this a profitable offer in the long run.
If eligible, cash refunds will be credited within 24 hours of the race finishing.
* Marshal Dan was available at back odds of 5.50 and lay odds of 6.20. Marshal Dan finished 2nd, resulting in a profit of £8.72 on this Sky Bet offer. *
Get this Sky Bet money back offer