There’s a big day of racing at Ascot on Saturday and it’s time for another Sky Bet Money Back Special! If our horse finishes 2nd in the 13:50 at Ascot, Sky Bet will refund our stake as cash, up to a maximum of £10.00. Translated into matched betting terms, this gives us a potential profit of £9.42 and here’s how…
- This offer applies to our first bet on the 13:50 at Ascot.
- Qualifying bets must be placed between 14:00 on Friday 17th January 2020 and 13:50 (race-off) on Saturday 18th January 2020.
- If fewer than five runners come under starters orders, Sky Bet may withdraw the offer.
- If our horse finishes 2nd, Sky Bet will refund our stake as cash, up to £10.00.
If you’re unsure about how to place qualifying bets, check out my Qualifying Bet Strategy page for a walk-through guide on how they should be done.
It’s entirely up to you which horse you go for, but it would make sense to select a horse with fairly short odds in the hope of a 2nd place finish.
Having looked at the odds available, we could place our qualifying bet on Magic Of Light.
At the time of writing, laying our bet with Betfair gives us the smallest qualifying loss.
Betfair are currently running a great sign up offer where you pay 0% commission up to £500 for the first 30 days…
If you already have a Betfair account, you can opt to pay just 2% commission by selecting the Basic package.
We can calculate our lay stake using my matched betting calculator…
As you can see, the calculator tells us that our lay stake should be £9.62…
Place £10.00 on Magic Of Light @ 3.25 = Potential profit of £22.50
Lay £9.62 on Magic Of Light @ 3.40 = Potential liability of £23.08
Let’s have a look at our potential profit/loss for the possible outcomes…
|Magic Of Light wins||+£22.50||-£23.08||£0.58 loss|
|Magic Of Light finishes 2nd||-£10.00||+£9.42||+£10.00||£9.42 profit|
|Magic Of Light finishes outside top 2||-£10.00||+£9.42||£0.58 loss|
So, we’ll make a nice profit of £9.42 if Magic Of Light finishes 2nd and we stand to lose £0.58 on any other outcome. Risking £0.58 to make a profit of £9.42 gives us effective odds of 17.24, which I’m sure you’ll agree, makes this a profitable offer in the long run.
If eligible, cash refunds will be credited within 24 hours of the race finishing.
* Magic Of Light won the race with a Starting Price (SP) of 3.50, resulting in a profit of £1.92, courtesy of Sky Bet’s Best Odds Guaranteed promise. *
Click here to get this Sky Bet offer