It’s Day 5 of Royal Ascot 2022 on Saturday, and you don’t want to miss this Paddy Power money back offer! Place a bet of up to £10.00 on the 14:30 Royal Ascot and get your money back as a free bet if your horse finishes 2nd, 3rd or 4th. Translated into matched betting terms, this gives you a potential profit of £7.24 and here’s how…
- Place a bet of up to £10.00 on the 14:30 Royal Ascot (Saturday 18th June 2022).
- Applies to single bets placed between 16:00 on Thursday 16th June 2022 and 14:30 (race-off) on Saturday 18th June 2022.
- Applies to win singles and the win part of each way bets.
- Money back as a free bet up to £10 if your horse finishes 2nd, 3rd or 4th.
- 6+ runners required for ‘Money back if 2nd, 3rd or 4th’.
- 5 or fewer runners and Paddy Power will pay ‘Money back if 2nd or 3rd’.
- Maximum free bet refund of £10 per customer per race.
- Your free bet will be credited within 2 hours of the end of the race if eligible.
- Your free bet will be valid on horse racing for 7 days.
- The free bet stake will not be returned with any winnings.
Please see my qualifying bets guide if you’d like more information about them and how they work.
It’s entirely up to you which horse you go for, but it would make sense to select a horse with relatively short odds in the hope of a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th place finish.
At the time of writing, Alfred Munnings is available at back odds of 2.00 (evens) and lay odds of 2.14.
You can calculate your lay stakes using my Matched Betting Calculator…
As you can see, the calculator tells you that your lay stake should be £9.43…
Place £10.00 on Alfred Munnings @ 2.00 = Potential profit of £10.00
Lay £9.43 on Alfred Munnings @ 2.14 = Potential liability of £10.75
Let’s look at your potential profit/loss for the possible outcomes…
As you can see, you’ll make a nice profit of £7.24 if Alfred Munnings finishes 2nd, 3rd or 4th. You’ll lose a maximum of £0.76 on any other outcome. Risking £0.76 to make a potential profit of £7.24 gives you effective odds of 10.53, which I’m sure you’ll agree, makes this a profitable offer in the long run.
If eligible, your free bet will be credited within 2 hours of the race ending and valid on any horse racing market for 7 days.
Please see my free bets guide if you’re unsure how to convert your £10.00 free bet into £8.00 cash (80%).
* Alfred Munnings finished 6th, resulting in a £0.76 loss on this Paddy Power offer. *