It’s the Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe on Sunday afternoon and you don’t want to miss this Money Back Special from Paddy Power! Simply place a bet of up to £10.00 on the 15:05 at Longchamp and if our horse finishes 2nd, 3rd or 4th, Paddy Power will refund our stake as a free bet, up to a maximum of £10.00. Translated into matched betting terms, this gives us a potential profit of £7.05 and here’s how…
- We must place our bet between 10:00 on Thursday 3rd October 2019 and 15:05 (race-off) on Sunday 6th October 2019.
- Offer applies to single bets or the win part of each way bets.
- If less than 7 runners take part, this offer will revert to money back if 2nd.
- If our horse finishes 2nd, 3rd or 4th, Paddy Power will refund our stake as a free bet, up to £10.00.
If you’re unsure about how to place qualifying bets, check out my Qualifying Bet Strategy page for a walk-through guide on how they should be done.
It’s entirely up to you which horse you go for, but it would make sense to select a horse with fairly short odds in the hope of a 2nd, 3rd or 4th place finish.
Having looked at the odds available, we could place our qualifying bet on Japan (6/1).
We can calculate our lay stakes using my matched betting calculator.
Let’s have a look at our potential profit/loss for the possible outcomes…
|Japan wins||+£60.00||-£60.95||£0.95 loss|
|Japan finishes 2nd 3rd or 4th||-£10.00||+£9.05||+£8.00||£7.05 profit|
|Japan finishes outside top 4||-£10.00||+£9.05||£0.95 loss|
So, we’ll make a nice profit of £7.05 if Japan finishes 2nd, 3rd or 4th and we stand to lose £0.95 on any other outcome. Risking £0.95 to make a profit of £7.05 gives us effective odds of 8.42, which I’m sure you’ll agree, makes this a profitable offer in the long run.
If eligible, free bets will be credited within 2 hours of the race ending and will be valid on any horse racing market for 7 days.
If you’re unsure how to extract £8.00 cash (80%) from the £10.00 free bet, check out my Free Bet Strategy page for a walk-through guide on how it should be done.
* Japan finished 4th, resulting in a profit of £7.05 on this Paddy Power offer. *
Click here to get this Paddy Power offer