There’s a big day of racing at Sandown on Saturday, and you don’t want to miss this Sky Bet offer! Place a bet on the 13:15 Sandown, and if your horse finishes 2nd or 3rd, Sky Bet will refund your stake as cash, up to £10.00. Translated into matched betting terms, this gives you a potential profit of £8.14 and here’s how…
- Applies to your first cash bet on a horse running in the 13:15 Sandown on Saturday 7th January 2023.
- Your qualifying bet must be placed between 11:30 on Thursday 5th January 2023, and 13:15 (race-off) on Saturday 7th January 2023.
- Win singles or win part of each way singles only.
- 6+ runners and Sky Bet will pay ‘Money back if 2nd or 3rd’.
- 5 runners and Sky Bet will pay ‘Money back if 2nd’.
- 4 or fewer runners and Sky Bet reserve the right to withdraw the offer without prior notice.
- Maximum cash refund of £10.00
- Cash refunds will be credited within 72 hours of race completion.
Please see my ‘Qualifying Bets Guide‘ if you’d like more information about them and how they work.
It’s entirely up to you which horse you go for, but it would make sense to select a horse with relatively short odds in the hope of a 2nd or 3rd place finish.
At the time of writing, ‘Gemirande‘ is available at back odds of 3.50 (5/2) and lay odds of 4.30.
Smarkets works best for this offer
For this offer, Smarkets are the best option due to Sky Bet being part of the same group as Betfair.
Laying your bet at Betfair would probably be fine, but if you don’t want to risk it, Smarkets is your safest bet.
- 0% commission for 60 days
You can calculate your lay stake using my Matched Betting Calculator.
As you can see, the calculator tells you that your lay stake should be £8.14.
Place £10.00 on ‘Gemirande’ @ 3.50 = Potential profit of £25.00
Lay £8.14 on ‘Gemirande’ @ 4.30 = Potential liability of £26.86
Let’s look at your profit/loss for the possible outcomes.
So, you’ll make a profit of £8.14 if Gemirande finishes 2nd or 3rd. Any other outcome, and you’ll lose £1.86. Risking £1.86 to make a potential profit of £8.14 gives you effective odds of 5.38, which I’m sure you’ll agree, makes this a profitable offer in the long run.
If eligible, your cash refund will be credited within 72 hours of completion of the race.
* Gemirande finished 2nd, resulting in an £8.14 profit on this Sky Bet offer. *