The Ayr Gold Cup 2022 takes place on Saturday, and you don’t want to miss this Virgin Bet offer! Place a bet on the 15:40 Ayr, and if your horse finishes between 2nd and 10th place, Virgin Bet will refund your stake as a free bet, up to £10.00. Translated into matched betting terms, this gives you a potential profit of £6.44 and here’s how…
- Applies to bets on the 15:40 Ayr, taking place on Saturday 17th September 2022.
- Applies to your first bet only.
- Money back as a free bet up to £10.00 if your horse finishes 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th or 10th.
- If eligible, your free bet will be credited within 24 hours of your qualifying bet being settled.
- The free bet will be valid for 7 days.
- The free bet stake will not be returned with any winnings.
Please see my ‘Qualifying Bets Guide‘ if you’d like more information about them and how they work.
It’s entirely up to you which horse you go for, but it would make sense to select a horse with relatively short odds in the hope of a 2nd – 10th place finish.
At the time of writing, ‘Khanjar‘ is available at back odds of 5.50 (9/2) and lay odds of 6.40.
Either exchange works for this offer
Betfair and Smarkets are both great options for this offer. If you’ve not used one of them, now is a great time to give them a try.
- 2% commission for all new signups
- 0% commission for 60 days
You can calculate your lay stake using my Matched Betting Calculator.
As you can see, the calculator tells you that your lay stake should be £8.62.
Place £10.00 on ‘Khanjar’ @ 5.50 = Potential profit of £45.00
Lay £8.62 on ‘Khanjar’ @ 6.40 = Potential liability of £46.54
Let’s look at your profit/loss for the possible outcomes.
So, you’ll make a nice profit of £6.44 if Khanjar finishes between 2nd and 10th place. Any other outcome, and you’ll lose a maximum of £1.56. Risking £1.56 to make a potential profit of £6.44 gives you effective odds of 5.13, which I’m sure you’ll agree, makes this a profitable offer in the long run.
If you’re unsure how to convert a £10.00 free bet into £8.00 cash (80%), please see my ‘Free Bets Guide‘ for a walkthrough.