There’s a big day of racing at Newmarket on Saturday and you don’t want to miss this Sportingbet money back offer! If our horse finishes 2nd or 3rd in the 13:50 at Newmarket, Sportingbet will refund our stake as cash, up to a maximum of £20.00. Translated into matched betting terms, this gives us a potential profit of £19.68 and here’s how…
- We must opt in on the promotion page to be eligible.
- Players must be able to see this offer on site at the time of bet placement.
- This offer applies to our first settled bet on the 13:50 at Newmarket.
- Qualifying bets must be placed between 09:00 on Thursday 9th July 2020 and 13:50 (race-off) on Saturday 11th July 2020.
- The offer does not apply if fewer than five runners take part.
- If our horse finishes 2nd or 3rd, Sportingbet will refund our stake as cash, up to £20.00.
If you’re unsure about how to place qualifying bets, check out my Qualifying Bet Strategy page for a walk-through guide on how they should be done.
It’s entirely up to you which horse you go for, but it would make sense to select a horse with fairly short odds in the hope of a 2nd or 3rd place finish.
Having looked at the odds available, we could place our qualifying bet on Eastern World.
At the time of writing, laying our bet with Betfair gives us the smallest qualifying loss.
Betfair are currently offering new customers 0% commission up to £500 for the first 30 days.
If you’re an existing Betfair customer, you can opt in to pay just 2% commission by selecting their Basic reward plan.
For more information about My Betfair Rewards and how to opt in, please see my Betfair 2% Commission page.
We can calculate our lay stake using my matched betting calculator…
As you can see, the calculator tells us that our lay stake should be £20.09…
Place £20.00 on Eastern World @ 4.50 = Potential profit of £70.00
Lay £20.09 on Eastern World @ 4.50 = Potential liability of £70.31
Let’s have a look at our potential profit/loss for the possible outcomes…
|Eastern World wins||+£70.00||-£70.31||£0.31 loss|
|Eastern World finishes 2nd or 3rd||-£20.00||+£19.68||+£20.00||£19.68 profit|
|Eastern World finishes outside top 3||-£20.00||+£19.68||£0.32 loss|
So, we’ll make a nice profit of £19.68 if Eastern World finishes 2nd or 3rd and we stand to lose a maximum of £0.32 on any other outcome. Risking £0.32 to make a profit of £19.68 gives us effective odds of 62.50, which I’m sure you’ll agree, makes this a profitable offer in the long run.
If eligible, cash refunds will be credited within 24 hours of our qualifying bet being settled.
* Eastern World finished 2nd, resulting in a profit of £19.68 on this Sportingbet offer. *
Get this Sportingbet money back offer