It’s the Triumph Hurdle on Friday and you don’t want to miss this Paddy Power Money Back Special! Simply place a bet on the 13:30 at Cheltenham and if our horse finishes 2nd, 3rd or 4th, Paddy Power will refund our stake as a free bet, up to £10.00. Translated into matched betting terms, this gives us a potential profit of £7.35 and here’s how…
- Applies to pre-race bets placed from 10:00 on Wednesday 11th March 2020.
- Applies to singles and the win part of each way singles.
- If less than 7 runners take part, the offer will revert to money back if 2nd for that particular race.
- If our selection finishes 2nd, 3rd or 4th, Paddy Power will refund our stake as a free bet, up to £10.00.
If you’re unfamiliar with qualifying bets, please see my Qualifying Bet Strategy page for a walk-through guide on how it should be done.
It’s entirely up to you which horse you go for, but it would make sense to select a horse with fairly short odds in the hope of a 2nd, 3rd or 4th place finish.
Having looked at the odds available, we could place our qualifying bet on Goshen (11/4).
We can calculate our lay stakes using my Matched Betting Calculator.
Let’s have a look at our potential profit/loss for the possible outcomes…
|Goshen finishes 2nd 3rd or 4th
|Goshen finishes outside top 4
So, we’ll make a nice profit of £7.35 if Goshen finishes 2nd, 3rd or 4th and we stand to lose £0.65 on any other outcome. Risking £0.65 to make a profit of £7.35 gives us effective odds of 12.31, which I’m sure you’ll agree, makes this a profitable offer in the long run.
If eligible, our free bet will be credited within 2 hours of the race ending and will be valid on horse racing for 7 days. Free bet stakes are not included in any returns.
* Paddy Power issued a ‘Justice Refund’ on losing stakes as a free bet, after Goshen unseated his rider when out clear at the last, resulting in a profit of £7.35 on this Paddy Power offer. *
Click here to get this Paddy Power offer