188bet – Have I Been Done Over?

  • Order of events

    1. Deposited £50
    2. Placed a £25 bet which lost
    3. Received £25 free bet
    4. Placed a real £25 bet on FA Cup Final which won (for example lets use 3/1 so £100)
    5. Placed the £25 free bet which lost (was placed after the FA Cup bet but it settled before the FA Cup bet)

    6. Withdraw balance of £100
    7. Check by account a week later and realise the withdrawal was rejected and my account was refunded with £75

    8. I have been on live chat and they say my free bet had to go against the first bet placed after the free bet was given

  • New to matched betting?

    My Matched Betting Academy is the best place to get started. Learning the fundamentals takes 10-15 minutes and you’ll make £15 in the process.

    Learning the fundamentals takes 10-15 minutes and you’ll make £15 in the process.

    MarkCorrigan 16

    After skimming their terms and conditions, I can’t see anything that suggests your free bet must be used for the next bet placed. However, I’m slightly confused as they say the free bet stake will be in your account balance until you withdraw… Is the offer for a free bet token (£25) or a risk-free bet? If it’s the latter then it would make sense that your risk free bet is the next bet to be settled (and not placed) – although they really should state that.

    +0
    zdzd 0

    188bet treats free bets as bonus funds which need to be rolled over. You always use bonus funds before real money as there is no check box option.

    +0
    Marv 2

    I thought I had to select the free bet but honestly I cant remember

    It does seem odd though that they paid the FA Cup bet out as I expected with the stake returned, then made the adjustment when I came to withdraw

    How can they get the initial payout wrong

    I think they done me over

    I originally deposited £50 without realising their sign up offer had changed from £50 to £25

    +0
    Marv 2

    Or maybe I made a mistake

    Wait on, I do not remember placing the FA Cup bet first, reason being I deliberately waited till after the channel 4 racing before doing any of the FA cup offers because of exchange cashflow

    +0
    Marv 2

    There is no place in my account which tells me the FA Cup bet was placed at 11am yet, the bet of £25 which lost (which i thought was the free bet) settled at 2pm

    It was on chat that they copied my FA Cup bet which said 11am

    I am meticulous at times, I have never made a matched betting error yet

    +0
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.